What to Bring to Residency
In addition to bringing plenty of business cards for networking - and Kleenex for your proud spouse, parents, or other family members who may be attending your graduation - you will want to consider the kinds of events you will be attending, the variability of Vermont weather (though you can leave the skis at home!), and other important factors listed below when packing for your trip to Vermont.
- Dorm life will require that your bring toiletries, flip-flops or shower shoes, hair dryer, travel iron, hangers, alarm clock, sewing kit, safety pins. We will provide sheets, blanket, pillow and case, two bath towels and one wash cloth. Remember, this is not a hotel.
- Inclement weather considerations may require that you bring a sweater, jacket, rain coat, and umbrella. Be sure to check the ten-day forecast for zip code 05663 before you pack.
- Hilly campus terrain may require comfortable walking shoes; athletic shoes for the Dog River Run and other outdoor recreation; women may want to bring flats or low-heeled shoes for walking hills and stairs and carry high heels to events where they are to be worn.
- Graduation attire is business dress. And don't forget to pack your cap, tassel, gown and hood. Women may want to bring bobby pins to secure graduation caps. Military uniforms may be worn in place of the graduation gown if desired.
- Event attire will include business, business casual, and casual dress.
Suggested Event Attire
Business professional attire is encouraged at presentation and ceremonial events. Business casual attire is expected for most other events. And don't forget athletic/outdoor wear for the Dog River Run!